DECSA works collaboratively with agencies and employers to aid clients in overcoming barriers to employment in a changing world.
DECSA offers supportive, individualized programs to people requiring skill development, job placement and on-the-job support to assist them in acquiring paid, meaningful employment.
How DECSA Works:
- Each client's activities follow a case-management model to ensure coordination of programs and services.
- DECSA reviews client's pre-employment and life management skills to aid in reducing or eliminating issues or barriers.
- DECSA provides clients with employment preparation and support, which include:
- job leads,
- direct job placement,
- job retention support for clients and employers,
- funding applications for education or training,
- research of academic or training programs and institutes, and
- community referrals for ongoing support.
Assets for Employment
Provides individuals who have recently recovered from acute mental illness with supports, workshops and assistance to return to full time employment.
Labour Force Solutions 10
Provides Albertans Edmonton area with assessment, life management workshops, job search preparation, job search support and assistance with job placement followed by intensive employment retention services.
Provides life management, career development, essential skills literacy, access to community support and individualized programming and support for women who have left a domestic violence relationship and want to build skills to become independent.
Provides outreach support and skill training that assists and supports women and transgendered individuals wishing to transition from street prostitution to a healthier and safer lifestyle with the goal of further training or employment.
Provides business support for those working toward self-employment and living with a documented disability.
The program provides access to small business start-up debt loans or equity investment.
For more information or to book an intake appointment:
In person: 11515 - 71 Street, Edmonton
Online: visit Contact Us to send an email
DECSA is funded by:
Government of Canada
Alberta Employment and Immigration
Western Economic Diversification Canada